Thursday, October 28, 2010

Book Tour: Somewhere Along the Way

Somewhere Along the Way
Somewhere Along the Way
By Jodi Thomas
Berkley, 2010
English, 368 pgs.

Description:
Second in the trilogy that's captured America's heart.

Ever since she claimed Harmony, Texas, as her home, eighteen-year-old Reagan Truman finds herself drawn to other who have made their way here. Shaped by the loneliness she's known most of her life, Reagan has finally found a place she belongs-and doesn't want anything to get in her way. But when her life is put in jeopardy and the whole town comes together to save her, she'll discover that learning to trust the love that's come into our hearts is the greatest gift of all. 

Message From Jodi:
Hello from Texas.  I’m happy to stop by and visit with everyone this morning.  After twenty years as a writer, this is my 30th novel and what I believe shows my best writing.  A few years ago I began a series about a small town I set in Texas.  Harmony is the kind of place we all think would be a nice place to live.
 
The people of Harmony will warm your heart and I hope they’ll be so real you send them a Christmas card.
 
My story begins with Reagan, a runaway who found her home in Harmony two years ago.  An old man took her in as his niece and gave her the first home she ever had.  The story opens with her working a shift in the town’s diner for a friend.  The last thing she has to do is take a take-out out the back door to the town hermit.  He speaks to her and as the weeks pass they form a friendship.
 
Gabe Leary wants nothing but to be left alone.  After five years of living on his land he’s managed to earn a living as a graphic artist without speaking to anyone in town.  He’s shattered from the war and sees himself as a man without friends.  About the time he’s comfortable with his life, he meets Liz.
 
With a mixture of characters you’ll fall in love with and a treat that gets everyone involved, I think you’ll love this story.
 
In SOMEWHERE ALONG THE WAY you’ll follow the people of Harmony as they go about their lives helping one another.  When crisis comes they stand together.  I think you’ll laugh as you get to know my people and care all the way to your heart about them when they are in trouble.
 
Come along with me on this journey back to Harmony.

Jodi Thomas is the NY Times and USA Today best-selling author of 31 novels and 8 short story collec-tions. As of July 2006, she was the 11th woman to be inducted in to RWA Hall of Fame. She is also currently serving as the Writer in Residence at West Texas A&M University in Canyon, Texas. 

For more information about Jodi's extensive library of work go to her website

To watch the YouTube promo for the book, click HERE.

My Review:
I was so happy to be asked to join this tour since I really enjoyed the last book. I thought this one was just as engaging and hard-to-put-down as the first. There were a few points in the story where I had to look over to the next page because I just didn't want to wait to see what happened! I found myself getting entirely engrossed in the story and even rooting for the characters. I found myself thinking of people I used to know (or know now) who remind me of the characters. There were a few places I had to re-read because I was reading so fast I missed a detail and wasn't sure what was happening! So, take your time when you read it. It's worth every second! I can't wait for what I hope is going to happen in the third novel (go Noah!). I really hope that some of the minor characters (Claire, Tyler) are more engaged in the next story as well.

 














Available from Amazon on November 2.
I received an advance copy of the novel, courtesy of Jodi Thomas. No additional compensation has been provided and I was not required to write a positive review. Thank you to Ms. Thomas for allowing my to return to a world that I'm really enjoying!

No comments: