Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Honest Couponing

Here is a great series about how to be ethical in using your coupons:

Coupon Teacher's Honest Couponing

This is something I am adamant about! I totally agree that if you can't use it or donate it, it's a waste. Are you really saving money if you buy 10 Glade Sense and Sprays and they just sit in the closet forever? I look at a lot of blogs every day trying to find deals to present to you and sometimes I just wonder about people. Why do you need 15 boxes of Total Cereal or 20 boxes of brownie mix? Are you the reason I can't buy the 1 box I need for my family?

Just because you have the coupon does not mean you have to use it! I've passed up several (or left them on the shelf for someone else to use) "deals" because it really wasn't that good a deal for me and my family. But, a good deal for me and a good deal for you may be different.

I've even seen on some blogs where you're encouraged to use a coupon that is clearly for a different size/quantity of an item on sale. That ruins it for everyone. Oh, and it's illegal.

That's my soap box for the day. Keep it honest and fair and we'll all be able to have fun and save money!

No comments: