Thursday, April 22, 2010

Piggy Paint!


I'm still a little girl inside! I love having painted toe nails. I don't do my fingernails as much just because my baby chews on my fingers and I don't want him chewing on chemicals on my hands.

I was really excited to learn about Piggy Paint. It was created by a stay at home mom who didn't want her daughters chewing on chemicals either. It is a water-based polish that is specially formulated of natural ingredients and does not contain formaldehyde, toluene, phthalates, biphenyl A, ethyl acetate and acetone.

I was sent the color "Forever Fancy" to sample. It went on very easily and dried faster than I realized it would!
It was a brighter pink than I would normally wear on my hands, but I'll use it on my toes for the summer! I did notice that large chip on my middle finger this morning after I'd just painted yesterday, but moments after taking this photo, I went and repaired it and you can't tell the chip was there.

It comes in a really wonderful line of colors:
I will be ordering more from them! It retails for $8.99 a bottle which I think is totally reasonable for a product specially made and formulated to not make you sick when you use it!

I was also sent a bottle of remover to test. It has a low odor (not bad at all), no acetone and is hypoallergenic and biodegradable. Aloe Vera and Vitamin E are added to supplement the natural oils that protect nails and cuticles. It took off my "oops" really easily (you know, when you get paint on your hands when you're painting. Well, that and the cabinet since I dropped the brush...) and I didn't feel like I needed to wash my hands for hours afterward to get the smell off my hands. And I didn't feel like I needed a well ventilated area to use it either. It also retails for $8.99 a bottle and it will last you a while because it's a good sized bottle!

They have really cute (and cleverly named) gift sets and apparel on their site.

You can go HERE to find a retailer (either local or online) or you can go HERE and shop directly from Piggy Paint. If you shop directly with Piggy Paint, use the code FAITHFUL10L between now and August 31 for 10% off anything on the site, including sale items!  Spend over $35 and domestic shipping is FREE! They use 100% recycled shipping peanuts to ship their products.

Sign up to follow (or "like") Piggy Paint on Facebook. Today there is a special Earth Day code for 15% off, but you have to follow to get it...I'm not spilling those beans! There will also be a special 2 hour discount code on Friday, April 30 at 7:30 PM CST.
 

You can also follow Piggy Paint on Twitter for sales and information! 

Go here to read the Piggy Paint Blog.

 I was sent a bottle of polish and a bottle of remover for review. I was not required to post a positive review, I really do like the product. My opinion was not influenced by the product received.

No comments: