Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Cover Girl Blast Collection

I've never been good with applying my make up. That's really sad to say at 32 years old. I hope that I'm using the right colors and applying it where it's supposed to be. Good chance that I'm not though. I love dark shadows and bright fun eyeliners. I've never been able to perfect the "smoky eye" though. I've tried making a "v" with the sides in the crease and along the lash line. I've tried blending colors and it just looks like I have stripes. So anyway...I've heard about the Cover Girl Smoky Shadow Blast eye colors and was thrilled to get to test one! I picked the purple plume color because I've heard that brown eyes "pop" with purple shadow.

Step one is the rounded end and this is applied to the entire lid, from lash to brow. I found that when I was applying this (it's creamy) that if I rolled the tip up too much, the shadow kinda smooshes. I just smooshed it back down and it's doing much better.

Step two is the pointed end and this angled tip really makes it easy to apply along the lash and in the crease. I also applied it below my lids. The darker color is creamy as well and has a little shimmer to it.

Add two coats of mascara and some liner and wa-lah I have a smoky eye. I have the other colors on my wish list. I really want to have all of them and mix and match! The color combos have been created by expert make up artists to pair together perfectly. I just want to play! The one down-side I discovered was that it creased up on me on a particularly humid day.

The other new "blast" product is the Shine Blast Lip Gloss. This is super shimmery and super creamy. It tastes a little like watermelon to me. But my husband says strawberry, so I'm not sure if each one is different or not. It has a new tapered applicator that makes it really easy to apply, even without a mirror!

It comes in 16 shades, all of which are really pretty. I tried the "smolder" and it's finally a color that I'm happy with on my lips. That's always been a problem for me. I just can't tell if a color is right or not. I'm sure about this one though. It's perfect!

So, the results? Well, everyone I know says it looks great. I don't take pictures so you're going to have to trust me on this one. 

I was provided with sample products from Cover Girl, through BzzAgent to review. No additional compensation has been received and I was not required to write a positive review.

No comments: