Monday, August 9, 2010

Review: Penguins of Madagascar: New to the Zoo

Penguins Of Madagascar: New To The Zoo

Starring the madcap pack of Penguins and everyone's favorite lemur, King Julien, from DreamWorks Animation SKG, Inc's phenomenally successful MADAGASCAR franchise, the DVD includes 8 episodes from Nickelodeon's Emmy and Annie Award-Winning series. The episodes each introduce a new character to the zoo.

In the Line of Doody is about the Penguins' attempt to keep a pigeon from taking it's wrath out on a zoo commissioner. We laughed so much. I did have to explain a lot to my 3 year old, but he already thinks tooting and pooing are funny so he caught on fast.

The Big Squeeze is about a new boa constrictor and scared my son so bad we didn't watch all of it.

Out of the Groove was about a new baboon who was a better dancer than Julien. A lot of booty references, but pretty funny.
The Penguins of Madagascar: King Julien Talkin' Plush Figure & Mort Doll

TY Beanie Baby Madagascar Skipper Penguin
Skorca! was cracking me up! My son thought the sugar-hyped penguin was "silly momma"...I wanted to say "That's you!!!" Best one of the disk if you ask me!

The Red Squirrel, Jiggles, Untouchable and Cat's Crade are the other episodes on the disk and I laughed through them all. Even the opening credit scene was funny to me.

When this is released, on August 10th, you have to pick up a copy! You can preorder on Amazon for $14.99. I think the adults enjoyed it more than the 3 year old, but I'm sure we're going to be watching this for a while to come. Even the 7 month old was interested!

I want to thank Katelin with m80 for allowing me the pleasure of watching and reviewing this DVD. One copy of the disk was provided for me. No additional compensation was provided and I was not required to write  a positive review.




No comments: