Monday, October 4, 2010

Book Review: International Children's Bible

The International Children's Bible
International Children's Bible
Thomas Nelson, 2010
English, 1142 pgs.


Product Review:

The first and the best version translated just for kids!.
A Bible your children can read and understand! Most children don't understand adult words like atonement, redeem, or oracle. Yet, children are commonly given modern versions of the Bible that use dozens of such difficult words.
Now, children can more easily understand the Bible. Twenty-one trusted Bible scholars carefully selected words at a third-grade reading level for this translation of the complete Bible. Ideal for Sunday school promotions and other gift-giving occasions.
"Jesus asked the little ones to come to Him, and the International Children's Bible makes it a little easier for them to hear His call." - Max Lucado

My Review:
I have found this version very easy to read to my son. He's just turned 4 and while he has a large vocabulary, sometimes we have to explain a lot to him as we're reading. I liked the pictures and the maps at the back. There is a handy dictionary at the back, as well as a "where to find it" section and God's promises and memory verses sections. This is perfect for my son and our family and I can't wait to make it part of our nightly bedtime routine.

I received a copy of this book from Thomas Nelson in exchange for a review. No additional compensation has been received and I was not required to write a positive review.

No comments: