Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Product Review: Hormel Compleats for Kids


I was recently given the opportunity, through SheSpeaks, to try Hormel Compleats Kids microwave meals. I received one of each variety.

Ry loves canned ravioli (ugh) so we decided to try the beef ravioli version first. The most positive thing I can say about the meal was that there was a really fun exercise game on the inside of the wrapper. Seriously. He wouldn't eat more than one bite. Even with tons of parmesan sprinkled on it. My husband tasted it and didn't like it either.

I was extremely disappointed in the sodium content of the meal. There is more in one "kids" meal than we adults eat in one day. 

I tried getting him to eat the spaghetti and meatballs (again, a salt fest) and he didn't like how mushy the pasta was or how the sauce tasted. I couldn't bring myself to taste it. I just made a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for him instead of trying to force him to eat.

The pasta and chicken variety...well...if you have a cat in the house, it may think that is his meal. It smelled bad and Ry wouldn't touch it. I tried getting the macaroni and beef out of the cabinet and he ran away as soon as he saw the package. 

I do not enjoy writing a negative review. At all. But these were really gross and I will not purchase them for my child. I do appreciate the opportunity to try the product.

In the spirit of full disclosure, Hormel Foods provided samples of Hormel® Compleats® Kids Microwave Meals for me and my family to try. No payment was given and as always, all opinions given here are fully my own.

No comments: