Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Need "homemade" cookies???



This time of year is about family and food. Come on...don't argue. You know you eat more and bake more and pass it off as "holiday festivities". Nothing wrong with that.

However, I don't bake. I'm not good at making things from scratch. I can do well with mixes and pre-made dough but they never taste good. There's always that "chemical" taste that you just can't get rid of...no matter what you do to the batters. Scratch just tastes better.

Enter Kroger brand "The Truly Awesome homestyle chocolate chip cookie"...I actually passed these off as home made. They're that good. They are made without added preservatives and with real butter. Chocolate chips are the first ingredient!

My two sons loved them. My husband thought they were really good and I probably ate more than I should have. They're a little more crispy than I prefer. The box suggests warming them and that did help a bit. I thought about putting some in a baggie with a slice of bread to soften them, but that always makes cookies taste like bread and these were just too good to "ruin" like that!

I received sample boxes of the cookies through BzzAgent for the purpose of a review and spreading the word about the product. No additional compensation has been received and I was not required to write a positive review.

No comments: