Monday, January 25, 2010

Hardest day so far.

Today is shaping up to be the hardest day so far with the new baby. He's been sleeping well at night, but only if he's being held. Which means my wonderful husband and myself have been alternating nights on the couch so we can prop ourselves up to hold him. That has to stop! So today, I'm putting him in the pack and play whenever he falls asleep. It's terribly difficult to listen to him scream and cry, but he has to learn to soothe himself and most importantly, to sleep somewhere other than on mom or dad. Oy...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear that you are so stressed. I hope he is a fast learner!! It's hard to listen to them cry -- I know -- Miss Maddy wouldn't sleep in her crib for the first 4 months...had to be in a bouncer with vibrate on!!

Thankfully Thrifty said...

Oh gosh! Sorry about that! I hope you get some sleep! I didn't realize you just had a baby - congrats!!

Anonymous said...

i remember those days, my son would not sleep unless i was standing up rocking him back and forth. it was so bad i would leave indentions in the carpet from standing in one place for so long. it got better though, he went from waking up 2-3 times a night to now sleeping through the night pretty good. hope it gets better for you soon!

Maria Lopez said...

ay you are scaring me! jk i hope he lets you guys sleep soon!