Friday, January 29, 2010

L'Oreal Challenge Results

For the past 4 weeks, I've been participating in the L'Oreal Lash Boosting Challenge for BzzAgent. I've been using the Lash Boosting Serum two times a day and Lash Boosting Mascara daily. (Which was funny to me on days when I only used foundation and mascara. I felt "fancy" while staying at home with two screaming kids!)

The macara and serum were supposed to produce "visibly thicker, fuller, bare lashes that look multiplied" and have "less lash fall out". The mascara is double sided. The first step is a conditioner primer which will "prep lashes and boost their condition" and the mascara will give "80% longer lashes instantly".

Did it work? Well, yes and no. Yes, I did see far less lash "drop out" and they did seem fuller, probably as a result of having more. Now for the no: I stopped using the serum Monday, which was the final day of the challenge, and my lashes are falling out just as much as they did before I ever used the product.

It was supposed to produce better looking bare lashes and I can't say I saw a difference. My husband didn't notice any difference either and he's far more observant than I am!

Now, I'm sold on the mascara. The two step mascara does produce long, gorgeous lashes, but only when both steps are used. If I only used the mascara without the primer, it wasn't any different from all other mascaras I've used.

So, am I going to buy this product? No. I think it's priced above what I'm comfortable paying for any make-up product. If you don't mind the price of it, I recommend the mascara.

I was supposed to take "after" photos, but there really isn't a difference worth noting, so I did not.

For more information about this product, visit L'Oreal Paris HERE. This product is available in the L'Oreal Paris cosmetics section in major retailers and has been ophthalmologist and allergy tested and is safe for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers.

I was provided, free of charge, one set of both serum and mascara from L'Oreal, through BzzAgent. The opinions and experiences are honest and are my own and have in no way been influenced.

No comments: