Saturday, May 8, 2010

Book Review: The Money Answer Book

The Money Answer Book: Quick Answers to Your Everyday Financial Questions
The Money Answer Book
By Dave Ramsey
Published by Thomas Nelson Publishers, 2004, 2010
170 pgs, English

Description:
This quick and simple, question and answer book is the perfect resource for equipping individuals with key information about everyday money matters. Questions and answers deal with 100+ of the most-asked questions from The Dave Ramsey Show--everything from budget planning to retirement planning or personal buying matters, to saving for college and charitable giving. This is Dave in his most popular format--ask a specific question, get a specific answer.

Review:
I reviewed the 2010 revised edition. There were several part which I skipped (College and Student Loans, Mortgages and Real Estate) but I found situations in the rest of the book which were relevant to me and my money. I do disagree with Mr. Ramsey on one point (which I think Ms. Orman gets right). I do not think you should do his debt snowball as he tells you to. He says to pay off the lowest balance first and she says to pay off the highest interest first. I guess it doesn't matter what you do, just get it paid off! I like that he gives quick and simple answers and spells out his "baby steps" and envelope system. This is a quick reference. I do wish the questions weren't printed in green ink. It made it kinda hard to read. (I know, picky.) I also wish the questions were in an index somewhere rather than having to find the section you need and thumb through it looking for your question. I do like the resources pages in the back.

I was provided with a copy of the book courtesy of BookSneeze (Thomas Nelson book bloggers review site). No additional compensation was provided. I was not required to write a positive review. To join the review site, visit http://booksneeze.com/#frombrb.

No comments: