Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I actually like my hair today!

I do not have easy to control hair. It's half curly, half whatever-it-wants-to be and almost always frizzy thanks to the Texas humidity and heat. I have tried so many things to keep it smooth and controllable. It fights back.

So, when I got the chance to try Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine, through BzzAgent, I was so excited! I have washed with it three times now and I'm getting happier with my hair every day.



The first day of using it, I was mostly impressed by the scent. It smells soooo good. It's made with apricot oil and that is just a wonderful smell in the morning! Even my 5 year old smelled my hair after my shower. I didn't see much difference that day. I did notice that it was a little hard to get it to rinse out. That day I only used the shampoo because I'd conditioned the day before and I can't do that every day on my hair or it gets weighed down.

Day 2, I used the shampoo and conditioner and was so happy with the result. Again though, it felt like it took longer to rinse out. But...I had pretty hair without needing to add any style creme or gel. It stayed curly and soft all day. That's a big score!

Day 3, today, I only used the shampoo again and it really is starting to bother me that it feels like I'm not rinsing it all out. It is soft and shiny though.

The cool thing I noticed when I was looking at the bottle today is that Garnier uses recycled plastics in it's bottles and it has a little note on there reminding you to recycle the bottle in your hands. It's a little thing, but every little thing adds up.

The website says that the shampoo and conditioner will "lock out frizz for a full 3 days, even in 97% humidity" and I will be able to test that in the next few days when we're forecasted to be in the upper 90s.

The shampoo and conditioner are part of a system which includes a leave-in conditioner, frizz serum (getting that ASAP) and Frizz Defeat Deep Treatment.

I received a full sized shampoo and conditioner for testing purposes through BzzAgent. I was not required to write a positive review and no additional compensation has been or will be received.

No comments: