Sunday, November 21, 2010

Product/Site Review: Cowgirl Chocolates


There aren't many things in life that really make me giddy happy. My son's laughter, sinking into a really comfy bed at night and chocolate. Really good chocolate. I can "get by" on a chocolate which is mass produced in Pennsylvania, but I get really happy when I get good chocolate. I had a friend go to Germany and Switzerland and she was totally my best friend for weeks thanks to the bars she brought me. 

I also really love Food Network's Unwrapped. I'm kind-of a nerd and I love seeing how things are made. I saw one episode which featured Cowgirl Chocolates and I've been intrigued ever since. 

Head Cowgirl, Marilyn, founded the company in 1997 as one of the first in the nation mixing chocolate with spicy kick. Cowgirl Chocolates has won a total of 19 product awards and 2 packaging awards and is located in Moscow, Idaho USA. It has also been featured on the Food Network on “Unwrapped” and “Extreme Cuisine” and on CNBC “On the Money”. They have also been written up in the New York Times, InStyle, the Toronto Star among others.

They carry various truffles and bars and even spicy caramels. There are gift assortments and you can buy truffles by the pound (!). 
I contacted Marilyn and she was generous to provide a 9 pc. truffle and caramel assortment for me to test. (It didn't last long in this house...)



I have to tell you...this is the number one, best milk chocolate I've ever tasted. It was smooth, creamy and just melted so wonderfully in my mouth. My second favorite was the Ivory Orange. It's a white chocolate truffle with milk chocolate and orange center. The mild Raspberry Lemonade was a hit too. My 4 year old particularly loved it. It was sweet and tangy and just didn't last nearly long enough to savor it (thanks to the 4 year old grabbing it as I was half way through it). 

The spicy truffles and caramels were a bit much for me. I'm kind-of a lightweight, but I do love spice in small doses. The caramel lasted two days since I could only handle a small bit every once in a while! My husband just ate the Spicy Cappuccino and Spicy Double Dark truffles and he had to run and get the milk! 



I'll be totally honest with you. There have been (in the past year of product reviews) only 3 products I've bought again after testing them. There's about to be 4! I have an order sitting in my basket on the site right now and I can't wait to taste the bars I'm getting (Milk Chocolate Sarsparilla and White Chocolate Lemonade...) and to share the truffles I'm getting (maybe) with my friends and family!



Check out the hot chocolate and the dessert sauces too. They have a large assortment of gifts in all price ranges. They are going to be in the baskets I'm making for my family this year.

So anyway, check them out. You're going to find unique choices for all the people on your list and I can tell you, everyone will be happy with what you give them! While you're there, sign up for their newsletter and you'll be "in the loop" as far as what's going on with the company.

I received product in exchange for a review. No additional compensation has been received and I was not required to write a positive review.

No comments: